Interview with the Fabulous Erin from Dandelion and Grey Blog!


Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my very long trip to Vancouver, Canada and to celebrate my return to Italy, I am absolutely delighted to share with you a personal interview with a fabulous and talented lady. She has definitely become a source of inspiration for me. Please welcome Erin from Dandelion and Grey.


Interview with Erin from Dandelion and Grey



Where are you from?

I am from Orange County, California and currently reside in Los Angeles.

What is your look - sporty/casual/preppy/sophisticated/nerdy?

I would say fairly casual, but I like my outfits to have a twist. My favorite stores are Anthropologie and J Crew and some local LA boutiques. I also like the Heritage line from Forever 21. My style icon is Keri Russell. I just love her classic American style. She always looks effortless and beautiful.




How long have you been blogging and 
what motivated and inspired you to start?

I've been blogging for about a year and a half. I started a little blog for my then-fiance while we were engaged in lieu of a wedding website. Once the wedding was over I wanted to continue to blog, but that didn't feel like the right platform any longer, so I started Dandelion and Grey!

What is a perfect day for you?

A perfect day would include an al fresco breakfast of a latte, croissant, and fruit followed by a bike ride with my husband. Later I'd go to the antique mall and for pedicures with my best friends and then back to our house for an intimate sunset dinner party!





Is your dream home by the lake/river/ocean/city/country?

Definitely the country! I live in the city now and while I love it, I am definitely looking forward to the day when I own a sweet vintage farmhouse with a wrap around porch surrounded by a charming garden and overgrown roads.



Do you have a particular design style?

I lean toward simple, vintage inspired decor with European country flair. I really enjoy reading home decor blogs. Some recent favorites are Dreamy Whites (dreamywhites.blogspot.com), Vintage Simple (vintagesimplehome.blogspot.com), and French Larkspur (frenchlarkspur.blogspot.com) and I always adore Country Living (countryliving.com)!

Cooking or Eating Out?

In the past I would have always said eating out, but lately I've been quite into cooking. One of my new favorite things to do is throw mini dinner parties for my close friends. It's a challenge cooking in our tiny city kitchen, but it's something I'm learning to love!




What's your travel style - on the fly or pre-planned and organized?

I would say a bit of both, but I've always been more spontaneous than organized. I think living this way scares some people, but it's always seemed to work out for me. On a big trip I would definitely like to have an idea of a few important places that are must-sees and otherwise wander around, see how the locals live, stop for a coffee and just take it all in.

Where do you find inspiration?

I am inspired by so much. I would say my top sources of inspiration are travel, blogs and movies, but at times it's a letter from a friend, a thrift store, a beautiful oak tree or a song. I find inspiration everywhere - sometimes in the most interesting places!



What advice can you give to someone regarding life?

You only live once so make it count! Do what you love and if you aren't happy with your situation - change it and do it now. There is no sense in waiting for something to get better on its own. Spend quality time with your loved ones and take a few risks. Don't just clean your house when guests are coming over and don't save that expensive bottle of wine or your loveliest china for a special occasion - you are a good enough to enjoy those things and everyday is worth celebrating!

How do you want to be remembered? 

I hope to be remembered as someone who was genuine and kind, gave more than she took, and lived life to the fullest. I hope that doesn't sound like a generic answer, because it's truly how I feel!


Erin, thank you so much for participating and being such a great sport doing this interview. It has truly been a pleasure getting to know you and I hope all you readers out there feel the same. 
You definitely inspire me.


Credits

Keri Russell Photos - Instyle Jan '09 issue
Tree Photo from our Wedding - One Love Photo
Frame wall & dress from - Anthropologie
Gustavian Goodness - Vintage Simple Home
Home Hints girl in Coffee shop photo - Today I love
Ohio Farmhouse - Country Living
Bed - Sundance Catalog

Comments

  1. That is such a great post:) I love cooking lately too:) Wish you both a fanatstic Monday:)
    Kisses, girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i love erin! she is exactly as sweet as she sounds.. i wouldnt trade her in for anyone in the world. :) i love my bff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Going to check out Erin's blog right now. Lovely inspirational interview! Have a great week, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Interview! I'm headed to check out Dandelion and Grey now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too, have occasional troubles with blogspot when trying to post. so no worries, it's not just you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the interview, Reese! It was so much fun :) Sorry about all your blogger issues.. I think we've all had our issues from time to time!

    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin "darling" you were fabulous! I really loved all your answers and I know that we're kindred spirits. I hope we can do it again some time in the future. According to my google stats this post received a lot of views. So, I'm quite happy about that.

    Thanks again for being such a sweetheart!
    Big big hugs and kisses!

    Reese

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts