Guest Post: Monika from Splendid Willow



Summer Love Via Sweden

Hello, Monika from Splendid Willow here.
I was more than happy to contribute a little guest post for lovely Reese when she is spending some summer weeks
on the other side of the planet.
Actually, she is only 2.5 hours away from my home and I am hoping that she feels that Seattle would be a fun place to visit.
I will give you the grand tour, Reese!

Well, summer has finally arrived here and we are all soaking up the rays and trying to live an easy and relaxed summer life. Seattle is absolutely beautiful in the summer time but I am sorry folks, nothing, absolutely nothing (in my opinion) lives up to summers in Sweden! My husband and I are working very hard to add more pennies to the piggy bank so that we one day will able to afford a second home in my old country land.
Looking at pictures of wonderful summer homes in current Scandinavian interior design magazines doesn't exactly lessen the longing! This is what makes my summer heart race:


One
That wonderful summer smell. And not many shoes.


Two
No cell phones. No computers. No TV.


Three
An outdoor shower.


Four
Taking care of dishes under a small roof outside.
(I would be whistling!)



Five
Easy & simple living.
(I don't want to clean all the time!)


Six
One large table for quality time with family.
(Good food & conversations and games.)


Seven
Lots of white and lots of white and then some more white!
And hardwood floors only.


Eight
And finally, one lovely area for outdoor & social living.



I am now going to hit my own hammock,
enjoy my beautiful life and dream a little.
Dream about white paint, rustic hardwood floors and an outdoor shower!

Thanks for having me Reese!

Summer hugs to you and to all your readers! ox, Monika.

All images via BoligMagasinet, DK

Comments

  1. Hi Monika...This is beautiful:) I adore the fresh,summer smell too and those photos are stunning:) Have a great day and see you later!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monika! You have really conjured up an idyllic setting with these photos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Reese! Yes, come on over so that I can show you Seattle! I mean it!

    Thank you for having me here today! (A link back to this post will be up on Saturday. I am blog lazy this summer! (:

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this! Monika, you have me dreaming of spending a Summer in Sweden, too!! It looks and sounds so lovely! I absolutely love the idea of doing as much as you can outdoors, so that outdoor sink and shower really have me daydreaming!

    Lovely post, Mon & I hope you're having a great time, Reese! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful images! I would love to live on a lake like in the second picture. An outdoor shower would be quite luxurious too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Monika for sharing your dreams with us. You are too sweet! May all your dreams and wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outside living is truly the best. Lovely images here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dreams too sister!
    Sweden tops any Summery list of mine too. Am homesick like a migrating Spring bird! :)

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, Monika, now I want to visit Sweden in the summer, too!!! Maybe Gotland, perhaps?! Beautiful post and now I must explore the rest of this lovely blog. Thanks!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monika, Nice seeing you here. I love your little summer dream house. But i think summers are better in Seattle than Sweden :) sorry to burst your bubble. . .you only get 2 weeks in Sweden :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts