Guest Post: Letters from Coco


Childhood Adventures


Hi I’m Cole from lettersfromcoco.
I started blogging earlier this year as a way to keep track of big memories and journal thoughts and inspirations.
I never expected to be pulled into a blogging community of such wonderful encouraging people-Reese definitely being one of them.
Stop by and say hi.
I’m so happy that Reese asked me to be a guest because I really love all the inspiring things she writes here.
Thank you Reese for being so sweet and letting me write a little something here today.




I want to tell you a story about my
favorite childhood adventure.
When I was six years old my parents packed up our car and took my brother and I for a road trip from Arizona to upstate New York.
We spent the whole summer there while my parents
attended bible school.
The thing I loved about living there was that there were people from all over the world staying with us.
We lived with people from South Africa, Australia, all around.
It was really exciting to learn about other cultures firsthand.
It was the first time in my life I had realized that not everyone around the world is the same.
We speak differently, we don’t eat all the same things, and we drive on opposite sides of the road.
I was amazed!
I think this is why traveling is so important.
It’s good to get out of your little bubble and experience the
way other cultures do things.
Reminiscing about this really makes me want to travel more.



My favorite thing about New York was these guys.
We don’t have fireflies in Arizona so being able to run in the fields and catch these little bugs with my brother was so much fun.
I can’t wait for my boys to be a little older so that we can take them on adventures like this.


Did your parents take you on any adventures?
What are some of your favorite
childhood memories?


(photos from weheartit)


Comments

  1. Hi Cole, nice to meet you here on Reese's blog! You really hit the nail on the head when you say we all should travel and see how there are different ways of being and doing. If you only know your way, you think it is the only or BEST way. And, of course, that's just ridiculous. What's that old saying? "There's more than one way to skin a cat" Not that I recommend cat-skinning, but you get the idea... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cole...I used to go for fun trips with my dad (just me and him) around the seaside and we used to fish:) ...I loved those relaxing and calm times:)
    Kisses and that is such a beautiful post:)
    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cole! I saw that you were over her today, so I thought I'd drop by. What an awesome experience for you!! When I was 13, my dad & step-mom took us on a two-week tour of the southwest part of the US. At the time, I didn't appreciate being squished in a suburban with four other kids ~ but now, I love that they did that for us! We got to see Old Faithful, took a side trip through Cheyenne, Wyoming (so my cousin could drive through the city that bore her name), went to DisneyLand, dipped our feet in the Pacific...Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous to meet you. Yes this blog is great and Reese so sweet.
    Love your post and in particular your second photo. Is that fire flies? I have a real soft spot for them!

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cole!
    Thank you for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me.

    XO NANCY

    PS
    I have never seen a real fire fly before. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cole :) How nice to meet you. Childhood adventures are my best memories! My parents took me camping every year and to Disneyland. Such wonderful times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always took family trips, and now we do it with my own children! Fireflies are so special to so many, great memories, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Arizona as well. Sounds like a wonderful memory. & I agree- travel is so important. Love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to live there too, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice! my parents did take me on a road trip, but it was not so nice as yours. the truth is though, i was just too selfish and spoiled to appreciate it at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Cole for writing something so personal from your life. I like getting to know people from my favourite blogs and my blog readers.

    Beautiful post!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts