New Year's Day and Pompeii



Why do we celebrate New Year's Day?


Is it tradition?
Is it because it's an extra holiday we're given off from work?
Is it another reason to have a party or go to one?
Is it to celebrate renewal?
Is it an opportunity to start over?


Whatever the reason may be...I hope you all have a wonderful New Year.
A New Year full of inspiration, love and happiness.


I share with you some photos of my trip to Pompeii during New Year's break.



























I love the details on this column.




A side street in the ancient city of Pompeii with Mount Vesuvius in the background.



Imagine this street with businesses, shops, bars and cafes many centuries ago.



A local bar serving wine and beverages.



At first, I thought these were toilet seats used during ancient times,
but they were in fact used to keep and serve the wine.



Construction workers in the ancient city renovating or building additions to a real, modern cafe.
In my opinion it's unethical to build a modern building in an area of historical and architectural significance, but this is Italy, so...anything goes.








Comments

  1. Hi Reese,
    Just found your comment. So, glad you enjoy my work. I love the Italian architecture. Last year I painted an abstract titled "Italia" that was inspired from a photograph that my daughter took while in Italy.
    Anyway... just want to let you know I appreciate your having left a comment! Enjoy Italy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts