Manicures and Pedicures - Part II

I wrote about manicures and pedicures back in June. My only experience with it is the DIY kind up until now. However, getting ready for ones wedding requires a little professional assistance. Hence, my friend Kate (honorary bridesmaid) and I went to have a pedicure and manicure. I opted only for the manicure, as I was deathly afraid. Anyways, watching Kate get her pedicure was an experience in itself. The Esthetician peeled, cut, buffed and painted her feet. Her feet were pampered like they had never been before and her feet were the prettiest they had ever been.

It was my turn next and I basically asked for the minimal invasion of my nails. So, thankfully, the Esthetician acknowledged that I had good nails, so she didn't have to push down any of my cuticles. I received a simple, but elegant french nail manicure. I was very happy with the result. Unfortunately, I received the manicure on Thursday evening and the wedding ceremony was on Saturday morning. I'm not the most graceful, so I managed to get a few dings by Saturday morning; not noticeable to anyone looking from afar. But noticeable enough that if I were to do it again, I'd get it done the night before. Word of advice, don't do dishes or carry anything heavy or move furniture or basically do anything physical with your hands. It will show in your new manicure. I'm sure most people know that, but since it was my first time, I was a bit ignorant.

If you're ever in Bisceglie and are in need of an esthetician, pop by Rinascita in Bisceglie, Italy. It's great!




Kate before her manicure.



Getting buffed. I never knew that getting a pedicure could be so technical.



Preparing for the nail polish.
I forgot to take the final photo of her feet. All I can say is that her feet were very pretty.



Final result of my french manicure on my very tanned hand.

Comments

  1. Reese,
    Congratulations, and how romantic to be married in Italy... what a life!
    as far as the pedicure, I think it's one of the most sublime human experiences ever. Do it next time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts