What's New? Counting Down to Shop Opening!
This is a fun chart from designer Manu Comet. It's his take on how the biggest tech companies
What do you think? Spot on or not?
On a side note, I wish I was organized like one of these companies. It wouldn't matter which one at this point :-).
Which leads me to apologize for being quite silent in blog land and not having time to post the Weekend Max List for this week. Preparing for the opening of my shop has led me to drop all the balls in my life.... I thought I would have my shop up and running by today, however, it's a lot more work than I had imagined. I had no idea how much work was involved in putting together a shop online - silly me. Here are some of the things I've been working on and am still trying to finish by my deadline.
A breakdown of things involved in opening and maintaining a shop:
Besides actually making the products.....
1. Shop Banner (design a graphic for your shop banner and logo)
2. Shop Business Cards (design and print)
3. Packaging for Shop
4. Photos of the products (after trying to take photos with my little compact digital camera, I now wish that Santa Clause existed so that I could ask for an SLR with a macro lens).
5. Describing the products (size, colour, shape, etc.)
6. Describing shop and its policies.
7. Posting the widget on blog.
8. Writing a Shop Opening Blog Post.
9. Read and learn all the details about how to navigate Etsy and Paypal.
Have I forgotten anything else?
In my ignorance, I really had no idea how much time was needed for taking photos of my jewellery and uploading them for publication. I had to think about and get the right props, take advantage of day light in certain rooms, and just hope that my compact camera would be able to take good macro shots. On some days it did, on other days it just wouldn't cooperate.
Do you have an Etsy shop?
Any tips for a newbie?
Shop Opening Date:
Monday, 11th July 2011
Have a Great Weekend My Friends!