Medieval Festival, Italy


Medieval Festival in Bitetto, Italy

It's been quite some time that I've wrote anything about Italy. So, here are some photos I'd like to share with you that I took at a  Medieval Festival in Bitetto a while back. Bitetto is a very small town in Puglia; and is one of many towns that like to have a Medieval Festival. If you're into browsing the market for handmade medieval goods or the odd trinket, these markets are a lot of fun for everyone. There's even some Medieval games that you can play for a euro or two. 

vined oranges hung around everywhere.

vendors preparing their stalls. 

 all the vendors participating wore Medieval period costumes.

spices and beans and me. 

weaving baskets the old fashioned way.



 these men were making chain mail by hand. 
can you imagine the patience needed for each link?

 medieval helmets

 there were lots of these unusual stone work moldings outside buildings.

a mask to scare evil spirits away perhaps?

people are small down south.
my friend, Amory, standing next to one of many small doors.


little girls selling posies or daisies...not sure - 
i'm not great at naming flowers.

the old town hall. 



 what is this statue doing? 
maybe I don't want to know.

 bows and arrows...seeing these take me back in time.

love watching people make things by hand. 

 medieval market

town piazza


took a quick break to eat....a lot of fried food here - not so healthy, but enjoyable nonetheless. gotta say, there's not much healthy fast food in this area (or is that an oxymoron?).




the Medieval version of "dunk the clown."

 "gotcha!"

"I did it!"


 a mice race...i wonder what happens to the mice afterwards?


I hope you enjoyed this little Medieval tour.

Reese


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing all those wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, the mice race. I do love these pictures...looks like something worth going to if ever in Italy at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun day out. Lovely pictures. I think if any towns have an entitlement to medieval festivals, it should be small Italian ones with old buildings and narrow alleys, so you really can feel transported back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese, you look adorable!!! So pretty lady you are!!! I DO love the images, my friend!!! Italy might be so beautiful. I will visit you some day, I will!!
    I hope you are better, dear friend Reese! Sorry for my absence but I got the flu and was not well too. I am feeling better now!
    How is spring doing? I hope it is not sooo cold there anymore!!
    I am sending much much much love to you!!!XXXXX hugs XXXX Bela

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so fun. I love going on festivals:) Thanks for your sweet comment yesterday, my dear
    Have a great day
    Muah

    Ps: I’m hosting an amazing GIVEAWAY today! You can win 2 adorable tea towels and a mug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I just love these festivals and going to one in Italy sounds so magical!

    xo marcie

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks like quite an interesting festival and it makes me want to visit Italy again.

    Sorry to hear that you were sick. Hope you're back to normal eating, whatever that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was shocked that chain mail is actually made by hand...those men are saints for all the patience they must have!

    Thanks for sharing the photos!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely shots! i'd love to go back to Italy and take part in this festival. it looks like so much fo fun. thanks for sharing!

    xo, Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to go to medieval festivals all the time growing up. They were super fun then, so I can only imagine how cool they would be in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, how fun!!! thank you so much for sharing these photos with us! that's really amazing! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks fun! and that chain-mail, its crazy! my uncle actually does this stuff, and makes his own chain-mail armor, its crazy! but really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun life you live! And you already know how much I love Italy and anything Italian!

    I was trying to browse your blog for that red wall of yours. Only found the one with the Christmas tree. But I know there is another post. Do you mind sending me an image that you have used in the past? (It is for my Monday post!)

    Happy weekend,


    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOve the mice race - how cute. ANd the medieval festival just about blew me away. Would love to live in Italy- Lovely blog.
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like such a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Reese! This looks like so much fun! We've had medieval festivals here, but nothing compares to one in Italy I am sure with all the beautiful surroundings!
    Thank you for your sweet comment! I hope you are having a great week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pictures. I love the one with the little girls carrying flowers. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is why I love Italia so much - the passion and heart that go into everything. It's just so amazing the way they apply themselves to art, food, life and family.

    I loved this post Reese. Just heaven!

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow - this looks like so much fun. i'm super envious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to have found you. Your blog is divine.. Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts