Happiness is.....



J O Y F U L   TUESDAY


Today is not so joyful for me. 
There's a storm outside and the rain is seeping through our very expensive windows and doors that we installed throughout our flat the same time last year. And to top it off, the region of Puglia has decided to shut off the water supply for the entire province for one week from 1pm to 5am in the morning, starting today. I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot of stinky people in Puglia this week. 
So, what to do when one is a tad bit stressed? Well, realizing that things like these are a part of everyday life here and the fundamental thing is "how I handle situations" like this, and so far....I'll be quite honest with you...I've handled it terribly." Therefore, the first thing I'm going to do is to try and forget about it for a while and....
go and find things that make me happy!

What makes you happy? 

There are a million things that make me happy. 
And looking back....invariably, it's the tiny little things that add a twinkle to my eye, erupts a giggle from my throat, elicits a grin from my face and a laugh from my heart.

pay attention to the moment.

a smile. 
a kind gesture.
a hug.
a look.

it's all we really have.

don't wait for tomorrow.
tomorrow is today


...a few things...to share with you.

why is it so dark in here?
where am i?

ummm...help.

me too, i wanna help.

hi!

yay! 
look at me!  look at me!

i love you.

squirrels spooning - love!

could i get any smaller?

are you my mommy?

i know I'm nice to look at. 

hey!  can i get a hand over here?


...this makes me happy.


what about you?
Reese

(photo credits here)

Comments

  1. This post makes me happy! I love, love, LOVE the pictures at the end-- so adorable! But quite honestly, blogging makes me happy. I love reading other blogs and seeing all of the beauty and inspiration in this world. :)

    ♥anh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry to hear that! Good that you're keeping positive. And you just made my day with those adorable pix :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those images totally made my very happy, darling. I kept on aww-ing and ohh-ing all the way!!! (hahah)..Hope the rain will stop soon and everything will go back to normal:) Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reese,
    thank you so much for your sweet comment on my little blog! :)
    We`ve got a very cold wind here in germany but the sun is shining so bright....this brings happiness to my soul and I love to create woolen *things*....:))

    Have a wonderful week and I hope the storm will leave puglia soon!
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pics ;)
    I'm sorry it's a rough day/week. As my wise mother says though, "this too shall pass!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute ; )

    xo
    alexandra

    www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little Kitten. Very nice blog. Hope the storm is over now.
    Greetings Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm chocolate chip cookies and a cappucino! Hope things are going better for you today...did the water actually go off?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures make me happy!! Every picture is so cute!
    I hope things are going better. It is great you are looking for the happy things even when times are stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Reese... What a beautiful post! I am mad about dogs and cats. They always bring a smile to my face. Cooking makes me smile... And so does doing stuff around my house. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, why would they shut off the water supply? How are you supposed to drink?

    My little sister and my nephew make me super happy! My sister is only 7 and she loves being an Aunty. Watching them together it pure bliss!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry to hear about this - insane shutting off the water like that - or if not insane, what they do in india... xo bb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your 'cheating' comment on my blog ;-) Sorry about the storm and water thing. You'll get through this, I'm sure of that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. eee gorgeous collection of photos@ So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These little creatures are adorable - aren't they?!! I have more on my Pinterest board if you are interested in seeing more. It's my latest obsession!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    I love the splashes of blue/green in all the shots. Well chosen. You certainly are a visual person with a great eye for simple good taste.

    Also thanks for visiting me

    Best Wishes
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the splashes of blue/green in each of the shots. Well chosen. You certainly do have an eye for simple good taste. Also thanks for visiting me

    Best Wishes Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts