Birthday Parties



Happy Tuesday!

I hope your weekend was filled with delightful events and memories that make you all warm and happy inside. We celebrated my husband's birthday - first with a romantic dinner for two and followed it up with a proper party the following night. This is only the second party I've ever thrown, so it's still a challenge for me to cook and prepare for a large gathering.

some of our "mad and wonderful" friends at the party including the ringleader, my husband. 

It was a mad, mad weekend where I was running around shopping, more shopping, cooking, more cooking and then cleaning. It was great to see good friends gather in our home and I was quite happy with how everything turned out, but I felt that I was missing out on all the fun because I was always answering the door or making sure that plates and glasses were being picked up and food was being replenished. The day after, I came to the conclusion that it's not fun being the hostess because there's no time to mingle and enjoy the moment. So, in future, I think we will hire one or two people to help serve at the party. I don't mind all the cooking and preparation involved. It's just that I want to enjoy the party too! I am definitely not what you would call "the hostess with the mostest."

What about you?
How do you enjoy your own parties?
Any tips to share?

p.s. yesterday was Thanksgiving Day in Canada, and it's one of my favourite holidays, so Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you all.


Reese

Popular Posts