Monte Sant' Angelo, Puglia, Italy (near National Park of Gargano)



Sometimes, you just need to get out of town or the city and take a break from it all. So, my husband and I take day trips during the weekends to different towns and regions in Italy. We try to aim for just a few hours drive, so that we can make it back home for the late afternoon or evening. Remember, it's about having fun and not breaking the bank. Gas is incredibly expensive in Italy and all the main highways charge tolls, so it can definitely add up.


So, we took a day trip up to Monte Sant' Angelo a few weeks ago. It's a lovely town way up in the hills of Puglia near the National Park of Gargano. This town has a church that was built into the stone walls underground. It's definitely a must see during this visit. It also inhabits a beautifully preserved castle. I like the quaint little shops here. I, actually, find souvenirs here that are useful and reasonably priced. I tend to pick up locally made honey or other cute little items. I bought a rolling pin for one euro and some tourist gifts for family and friends. Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the gifts to show you before I gave them away. I'll try and remember to do it next time. 

The road up to this town is all uphill and very windy, so it's great for people who want to go by motorcycle or scooter. And the views of the sea and valley below are amazing! 














So my fabulous friends and readers, what are you doing this weekend?

Comments

  1. The texture of all the walls is incredible! I bet you went around just touching stuff all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe these are GREAT! im glad you had a great time! i used to take day trips all the time when i was in denmark! it's nice to explore your surroundings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly written! [b][url=http://IMWJ.INFO/Aamir.html]Aamir[/url][/b]

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to the author for taking his clock time on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here; I found so many useful stuff in your website especially its discussion, From the a lot of comments on your articles! I guess Im not the only one receiving the many satisfaction right here! keep up a good job;
    [url=http://dieta2011.jkr30.com/]mein blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting topic , regards for putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your site is really good and the posts are just wonderful. Thank you and keep doing your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the proud owner of my own website and blog and i get ideas from blogs such as yours.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Whats up. Very nice web site!!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Excellent post, mate! Thanks for the useful information

    ReplyDelete

  11. I am very happy to read this.

    ReplyDelete

  12. This is my first time visiting your website, but I found a lot of interesting information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts