Happy to be Back!


hi y'all!

Sorry to have been gone for so long. 
I am so glad to be back from the hospital. I've missed you all and I can't wait to catch up on all my emails and your blogs. 

The recuperation is more difficult than I had imagined. It will be a few more weeks or more for me to be completely back to normal, but I'm working on it - one day at a time. 

It was my first time in a hospital in Italy and I was warned about what to expect and what to prepare when going in such as bring your own water, toilet paper, towel, hand soap, etc., but my imagination could not have prepared me for what was to come. I'm thankful to the surgeon, who was successful in treating me, and my fellow hospital roommates; however, I really need to say that hospitals in Italy.....need to be desperately upgraded in every way, not just in the infrastructure, but in the humanitarian area (something called compassion). 

Note to self and others

1. when ringing the emergency buzzer from your hospital bed - don't expect anyone to respond, and if someone does eventually arive, don't expect them to be of much help.

2. if you need to stay in the hospital for longer than a day, find a friend or family member to stay with you during the duration of your stay, just in case you need help going to the washroom or anything else you can't do for yourself. I was lucky that my husband was able to take the time off from work to be with me at the hospital.

3. prepared to be embarrassed and humiliated in every way and have strangers see you naked - they have no tents or curtains in the shared rooms and they keep 
the doors wide open.

Things I have come to appreciate:

the kindness of strangers.
the older I get, the longer it takes my body to heal.
my husband makes a great nurse.


here's some....
B  i  c  y  c  l  e    L  o  v  e

I know I won't be able to cycle like this, but I can dream.























on a side note:
I want to be married again on a bicycle after seeing this.

Reese

Popular Posts