Ikea Fix

Ikea Fix

Yesterday, I had a need to go to Ikea. I've noticed that if I don't go to Ikea every month, I get these indescribable cravings. I miss it. It makes me happy - walking through the aisles, touching the furniture, sitting on the couches, wandering through the model kitchens. I bask in the textiles, caress the light fixtures, inhale the scented candles. It's unexplainable. I just need my fix. Like an addict. Is it strange to have an addiction with a particular shop?

I don't necessarily buy something all the time.
I just enjoy the loveliness. I spent two very satisfying hours there dragging my poor husband around. To my wonderful surprise it wasn't jam packed, crowded and loud as it normally is. I believe it's because yesterday was the start of some religious day, so many people were at home with their families having very long Italian lunches
(usually lasting anywhere from 4 to 6 hours - I kid you not). 

I left Ikea with a lot of frames that I had been meaning to buy.
A very happy shopper I was - indeed.

Here are some fun and inspiring ways to put up frames - with 
engineering precision to happy go lucky styles.










[via]

[via]

do you have a similar fix or obsession with a shop?

xoxo
Reese


Popular Posts