Multifunctional Furniture


Multifunctional Furniture

I hope you all had a relaxing and fun-filled weekend. We didn't end up going out at all this weekend. It was raining and when it rains here, it usually drops below zero and is incredibly damp which seeps into your bones, hence way too cold to be out. If you thought winters in southern Italy were mild - think again. I spent my Saturday and Sunday doing the regular shopping, some much needed house cleaning and cooking some delicious meals. 

We invited a dear friend over for an Asian dinner on Saturday night. The menu was Seaweed soup and fried rice. She brought over these lovely desserts, called "Secrets," which we finished off with red wine, grappa and after much pleading from her we watched Sex in the City 2. My husband was a great sport. He watched it all the way through the end without falling asleep...I, on the other hand, have watched it one too many times and fell asleep. 

I wish I had thought to take photos of the dessert, "Secrets," but take my word for it. They were absolutely divine. I was in chocolate heaven. Our mouths and faces were covered with chocolate. We looked like little children who weren't able to keep our mouths or fingers clean. Apparently, they are a specialty of the town that she lives in (Polignano, Italy). I promise next time that I'll take photos of it for you. 

How was your weekend my friends?


Since we bought our home last year, I've been busily nesting. Trying to combine my beautiful (and unfortunately) expensive taste with a tight budget is very challenging. I find that in order to justify an expensive piece of furniture, it has to have more than just the "isn't it gorgeous?" factor.

I've always enjoyed functional art and furniture, plus it justifies the cost. It's a combination of "genius"....don't you think? Here are a few pieces that I've found along the way to share with you. 

A blend of modernity, simplicity and functionality

This table from Tiny Tim can take centre stage of a room or be hidden away to make space in a small area. It would be perfect for any part of the home. 

Tiny Tim Table:

This piece from Carolina George has three functions. It can be your dining table, or folded down into a coffee table, and fold it down once more and voila - you've got an elegant bookcase! 



I would love to own this gorgeous walnut bench from Jonathan Alder in my living room - wouldn't you?

Claude walnut gossip bench 

Think of the extra space you save by being able to store bedding and pillows minus the dust in this fabulous bed frame. 



This stool does double duty as a chair and side-table.





Sottom Stool and Side-Table.

The Embrace Table is a three-in-one design. The table acts as a shelving and storage unit or as a separate service 
to sit on. 


Great Multitasking Table

I'm not keen on the colour, however, it's a really cool idea and it has so many multi-functions. It can serve as a very large couch and day bed or a bed for guests, and you can add a tray or board on top to add a coffee table. Plus it has a secret drawer to hide your chocolate addiction.




Candy Bar Bed 

The ladder and stump have so many multi-functions and gorgeous to boot! Wooden pieces add such warmth to a room. I love the simple design of these rooms.

bamboo ladder 

natural tree-stump side table 



sigh...:-)

Reese

Popular Posts