2010 Recap - A Wonderfully Productive Year!


2010 Recap
I'm sorry I couldn't wish all of you a proper 
Happy New Year as I was away on my road trip. However, I was thinking of you all while I was on the road. 
Really. Truly. 
I find it hard sometimes to pry myself away from the computer. On the morning of our trip, I was madly writing and finishing up my post - risking the wrath of my husband, who was impatiently tapping his feet and giving me looks that would intimidate some people (sometimes it works on me as well). He was waiting for me to get my butt out of the chair, so that we could start our long drive towards Perugia

I've had a chance to peruse some of your blogs since my return, and I promise that I will get to all of you soon. I'm really inspired by all of your New Year's Resolutions and New Year's Lists and it got me thinking about my plans for 2011 and what I've achieved this past year with the help of my wonderful husband. 


2010 Accomplished:

1. Replaced all the windows in our flat. 



2. Became an Apple user and Mac fan.


3. Renovated the family room and busted down a partial wall in the kitchen, which would never have been accomplished without my talented husband and friends.


4. Experienced an Italian, Amalfi Coast Wedding.


5. Visited family and friends in Vancouver, Canada for the summer holidays and shipped all my last remaining childhood things to Italy.


6. My first camping trip to the beach in southern Italy.
a beautiful insect that looks like a red dragonfly perched on our 
windshield wiper.
eating lunch away from the hot sun.


7. Finished renovating the office. 

8. Fixed up the hallway, guest room and added a closet


9. Took a Road trip to the city of Perugia and Assisi, Italy.



10. Continued to write in this little blog of mine and made some lovely friends in the blogging community...to just name a few. I'm sorry I can't fit more of you in, but I'm definitely thinking of you too.

   





I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I don't want to set myself up for failure, however, I do believe in reassessing everything in one's life - things that work, things that don't, devising solutions and making necessary changes. I usually do this on my birthday, and since, my birthday falls around the end of the year, it somewhat serves the same intention. I, also get a little philosophical around this time as well....always questioning my life and its purpose.


Questions I've asked myself about 2010 
(and you may have asked yourselves the same thing). 


Have I become any wiser this year? 
Not quite sure...I really hope I have. 


Have I become a kinder and better person? 
I certainly hope so.   


How have I grown and what have I learned in this past year? This list is a little longer, so I've numbered it to make it easier to follow. 


1. I've learned that I don't have to do it all by myself. 
It's okay to ask and receive help.
(I learned this from my husband.)


2. Love is   i   n   f   i   n   i   t   e


3. Happiness is derived from simplicity.


4. Good things really do happen to good people.


5. God has a sense of humour.


6. Letting go.


7. My health really took a beating this year - if I'm not healthy, I'm not happy and nothing gets done. 
Dear sweet friends, listen to me. 
Health matters.


Reese


I wish all of you health and happiness in 2010.
Thank you for your support and friendship.
You have brought me much joy and inspiration.
Really and Truly. 



Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you Reese!

    You accomplished so much last year and you have definitely shown wisdom - evidenced in your valuing good health.

    I like the questions that you've asked yourself and am prompted to sit down and pen some of my own now.

    Looking forward to reading about all that unfolds for you in the coming year,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list - here's to an even better 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a sweet post. I am sure you enjoyed your time in Canada and Italy in 2011 and looking forward to see more traveling posts this year. And health does matter! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese, I simply ADORE this post! Your writing ability inspires me always!! So simple and deep questions you bring. It is a pleasure for me to be your friend and be sure you make me truly well!!! Love!! Bela

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, thanks so much for the mention!
    and my favorite line in this post...."shipped all my last remaining childhood things to Italy." That's pretty big, pretty permanent, and pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year!
    looks like you had some great trips this past year, i really want to travel more in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you had a great 2010! lays the foundation for a fantastic 2011! xo bb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year's Reese!! Such adventures for 2010. :)They were fun to read.

    I love the questions you asked yourself at the end, such good ones to ask, to ponder!

    Wishing you God's best this year!

    Blessings,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on such a great year!!! i hope 2011 is full of many more amazing things in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Looks like you had a great 2010...here's to an even better 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you had such an incredible 2010! hope your 2011 is just as fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww you are such a sweetheart!!! You always make my day so much better, darling:) I loved reading this recap:) So many fantastic things happened to you last year:) Wish you a wonderful. happy and jolly 2011
    Happy New Year. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that you asked yourself if you've become a better person this year. That is a good one. Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Reese! I hope 2011 is as eventful as last year was for you...

    That Amalfi coast wedding pic reminds me of our honeymoon there two years back...ahh im longing to back again but don't know when that would be now.

    Wishing you lots of good health and prosperity in the coming year my bloggy friend.

    Love,
    Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great and productive year you have had!
    Wishing you the same and more for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful year! I love all of the renovations you did & the little trips you took! It is those little moments that make up a fabulous year-- and life!

    Thank you for including my blog in your thoughts.. you and your blog are always in mine!

    Here's to a great 2011 for us all! And hopefully I will be seeing you on our big trip, if we can make it happen! oxox!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the shout out! Oh wow. It has been quite the eventful year for you guys! With the house, with traveling... Here's to another good year!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  18. The picture with #5. is completely cute! Hoping your 2011 is starting out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year! I went to Assisi last year as well. LOVE it there. Here's to a magical and meaning ful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for stopping by. It's great to "meet" you. I am so hoping to get to Italy in my lifetime. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. Now I have someone else's adventures in Italy to follow along with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts