Barbara Streisand's Live Performance








I have to talk about Barbara Streisand's live performance at the historic Village Vanguard in New York City. She is one of my all time favourite singers and entertainers. She is the only artist ever to receive an Oscar, Tony, Emmy, Grammy, Directors Guild of America and a Golden Globe. She gave a free concert to about 100 lucky fans and supporters last month on the night of September 26th. There were a few notables there, such as the Clintons and Nicole Kidman to name a few. How I wished I could have been one of the lucky few to be there that night.


The Village Vanguard is renowned for its role in the New York jazz scene since 1957. During her intimate concert, Streisand sang new and old favourites from her new album "Love is the Answer" to an enthusiastic and completely enamoured audience. I think it's wonderful how instead of playing to a massive audience and having tickets sell for hundreds and thousands of dollars. She played her music to loyal fans and followers for absolutely FREE! She cares about her music in a way that very few musicians of today understand.


She has been one of my favourite performers from the first time I watched her in the movie, "Funny Girl". I must have been about eight or nine years old at the time. One thing that I have always found surprizing and humbling is that despite her amazing talent, fame, awards, and recognition by the music and entertainment industry, she still experiences and has to manage her stage fright. This could be why I can relate to her as a person more than I can other musicians and entertainers who I enjoy listening to and watching. She stays out of the limelight and still performs like the entertainers of old, and yet her voice and music is still refreshing and ageless.

Comments

Popular Posts